Vedaantic Organic Research Foundation
We consult on turn key agriculture projects, sustainable agriculture products and processes, Climate Smart agriculturemethods, OnFarm and OffFarm Indigenous methods and processes to ensure low cost farming Ensuring FOOD SECURITY.
Two Of the World’s Biggest & Urgent Issues VORF is trying to address :
FOOD SAFETY (IFOAM ‘ 2009)
Climate Change, an obvious process, has the potential to seriously derail the food production target of the country and will compound existing food insecurity and vulnerability patterns ......
The rate of climate change might possibly exceed the rate of adaptation of ecosystem, including cropping systems, creating many concerns on how to cope with such changes, particularly in relation to food production and availability. (FAO/OECD workshop, April 2012)
Projected impacts of climate change on Indian agriculture.
- Cereal productivity to decrease by 10-40% by 2100.
- Greater loss expected in Rabi. Every 1℃C increase in temperature reduces wheat production by 4-5 million tons.
- Temperature rise of 2.5 – 4.9℃C in India due to Global Warming is likely to cause about 32 -40% and 41 – 52% loss in yield of Rice & Wheat respectively.
- Increased droughts and floods are likely to increase production variability.
Climate Smart Agriculture will be the Main Goal.
Climate Smart Agriculture seeks to…………
An economically viable and environmentally sound Alternative Farming System If a farming system does not address to the present demand, it is not considered to be sustainable.
Integrated radical farming technology of VORF
– Evaluated its Potential Under National Study.
- The package of practice involves
- HIGHER RESOURCE - RECOVERY AGRICULTURE
- ENERGY - EFFICIENT AGRICULTURE
- CLIMATE - SMART AGRICULTURE
- SELF- RELIANT AGRICULTURE
VORF Package Of Practices.
We are provide sustainability to any food production format, in any agro climate and in any size of land holding.
Sustainability- in terms of Qualitative and quantitative output and input in agro economic zones and happening centers.
Our Commitment is to ensure that our Sustainability footprints should reach to the ultimate consumer and fairness to all stakeholders
VORF services offer
- SWOT STUDY / RESOURCE MAPPING
- CUSTOMIZED PACKAGE (for Different Criteria Garden)
- Soil Management
- Plant Management
- Pest / Disease Management